Saturday, August 11, 2007

Zip lining in Paradise


Being a self-proclaimed workaholic, a relaxing vacation is a must for me. I don't subscribe to the notion of no vacations. I have to get my batteries recharged! Recently, I went to Kauai, Hawaii better known as the Garden Isle or Paradise. It's the one place that I can go and feel totally relaxed from the rush, rush mentality that we have here on the Mainland.

My niece talked me into zip lining. It sounded both exciting and scary. I thought a few times about bowing out but I can't refuse a challenge. So on Friday of our week long vacation we drove to JustLive to experience soaring in the trees. What an experience it was! We were in these tall Cook County Pine trees for the entire two or three hours. We zipped on lines that were as high as 100 feet in addition to doing a suspension bridge crossing and a rope crossing. It was spectacular. I can't describe the adrenaline and the thrill you feel as you step off of the platform into the air. It is truly phenomenal.

Could zip lining be a little like some of our experiences in life? You encounter an opportunity that intrigues you but is yet a little scary. You want to take a chance but you are hesitant. What happens if you decide to pass up the opportunity and stay in your comfort zone? What happens if you decide to go for it doing something new and different?

I am so glad that I went for it and the result was a new improved perspective.

No comments: